If you’ve ever driven on a highway or busy road, you have seen that some drivers tend to be a little more cautious than others. In some cases, this can result in cars driving with their wing mirrors almost touching the other car. Even just doing this occasionally can make your wing mirror significantly more prone to damage and eventually breakage. In many cases, when the wing mirror breaks the driver will simply buy a replacement and get it fitted at their local garage. However, if you keep yours up as much as possible for fear of something happening to it, then you need to know about these things called car wing protectors. They are small devices that will protect your wing mirrors from breaking again. But with so many different types available and lots of different features to consider, there are lots of choices out there that could make all the difference in what is right for your needs and car.
- 1 What Are Car Wing Protectors?
- 2 Top 3 Best Car Wing Protectors in 2022
- 2.1 AUTOMOTIVE DOOR ENTRY GUARD REFLECTIVE CAR DOOR SILL PROTECTOR 16.4 FEET CAR SCRATCH PROTECTOR FILM CAR PAINT PROTECTOR BLACK DOOR EDGE PROTECTOR FOR MOST CARS VEHICLES ACCESSORIES (2 INCH WIDE)
- 2.2 IVICY SUEDE CAR SEAT COVER FOR ALL SEASONS SOFT & BREATHABLE FRONT PREMIUM COVERS WITH NON-SLIP PROTECTOR UNIVERSAL FITS MOST AUTOMOTIVE
- 3 WHY DO YOU NEED A CAR WING PROTECTOR?
- 4 HOW DO WING MIRROR PROTECTION DEVICES WORK?
- 5 The Bottom Line
What Are Car Wing Protectors?
Wing protectors are car accessories that are designed to protect the wing mirrors on your vehicle. The most common type of wing protector is a cover that fits over the outside of your vehicle’s wing mirror to make it harder for other vehicles to damage it. Wing protectors are usually only designed to fit a specific vehicle model, but some designers have created universal-fit models. These can be used on a variety of different makes and models. There are wing protectors designed for the inside, outside and even the edges of the wing mirrors. Wing protectors are usually a small length of rubber or plastic that fits over the wing mirror to protect it from impact and breakage. Some are designed to bend in the middle to allow the driver to see behind the vehicle as well.
Top 3 Best Car Wing Protectors in 2022
EZ LIP – THE ORIGINAL UNIVERSAL FIT 1-INCH LIP SPOILER
Upgrade your ride with the EZ Lip universal lip spoiler. This fast, easy and low-cost way to give your car an aggressive sports car look! Universal compatibility allows it to be installed on virtually all makes and models. The EZ Lip is a fast, easy and low-cost way to give your car an aggressive sports car look! You’ll lower your car by up to 1 inch! No drilling or screws are required. Just 3 easy steps and you’ll have a lip that will help.
- Universal compatibility allows it to be installed on virtually all makes and models
- Fast and easy installation – no drilling or screws required
- Fits most cars, gives a sporty look
AUTOMOTIVE DOOR ENTRY GUARD REFLECTIVE CAR DOOR SILL PROTECTOR 16.4 FEET CAR SCRATCH PROTECTOR FILM CAR PAINT PROTECTOR BLACK DOOR EDGE PROTECTOR FOR MOST CARS VEHICLES ACCESSORIES (2 INCH WIDE)
- Nice car accessory: there is 1 roll of car door edge guard in the package, which measures about 5 cm/ 2 inches in width, 5 m/ 16.
- Reliable to use: the vehicle door guard is made of quality PEVA material with adhesive on the back, not easy to break or tear, can be easily cut and deformed to cover the existing scratches, and protect your paint and stand up to shoes, boots, and other footwear, wet weather, and long-term wear.
- Non-slip texture: this car door scratch protector adopts rough grains on the surface, and features a strong adhesive backing; The textured surface and nice adhesion can make it stay in place and avoid slips when getting in and out, giving you a satisfactory user experience.
- Simple installation: you only need to clean the surface mount position, and then peel off the car door edge protection film and paste it to your desired place, very easy and convenient; It’s also simple to remove, no need to worry about leaving residue on the painted surface of your vehicle.
- Wide range of applications: the car door edge protector can protect the inner sill from chips, scratches, and scuffs when you enter or exit the vehicle, and is suitable for the car’s hood, trunk, roof, dashboard, gauges, interior, amplifiers, mirrors, rear bumpers, laptops, motorcycle parts, luggage, boots, trucks, motorcycles and so on.
IVICY SUEDE CAR SEAT COVER FOR ALL SEASONS SOFT & BREATHABLE FRONT PREMIUM COVERS WITH NON-SLIP PROTECTOR UNIVERSAL FITS MOST AUTOMOTIVE
- COVER YOUR SEATS WITH LUXURY Universal car seat cover is made from soft & breathable suede fabric.
- UNIVERSAL FIT Suitable for most vehicles, Vans, jeeps, SUVs, Trucks, and CRV.
- INSTALLATION & NON-SLIP BACKING Our seat covers are installed is easy.
- FOR ALL SEASONS Car seat protectors are not only soft and tempting to the touch, but are also comfortable for you & your passengers.
- 100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE All seat protector under car seat comes with a 30-days MONEY BACK & 1-Year WARRANTY on material defects.
WHY DO YOU NEED A CAR WING PROTECTOR?
If you are one of the many drivers who are overly cautious and drive with your wing mirrors very close to the other cars, you may be at risk of damaging your wing mirror. Whether it be another car, a wall, or another stationary object, it is always possible to hit something with your wing mirror. When this happens and your wing mirror is made of glass, it can shatter and need replacing. Wing mirrors are usually made from glass, which is a very fragile material. Even small collisions can cause your wing mirror to shatter and need replacing, which can cost hundreds of dollars. If you are a careful driver and keep your wing mirrors away from other vehicles, it is unlikely that you will hit them. However, if you do hit another vehicle or stationary object, the impact can be transferred to the wing mirror. Wing protectors protect the mirror from impact, reducing the risk of it shattering and needing to be replaced. While this may seem like a minor issue, replacing a wing mirror can be expensive. The average cost of a wing mirror replacement is around $250. This cost is usually higher if the vehicle is a luxury model.
HOW DO WING MIRROR PROTECTION DEVICES WORK?
Wing protectors are designed to protect your wing mirrors from damage. All types of wing protectors are usually made from soft and flexible rubber or plastic that can bend. This means that, in the event of an impact, the force is transferred away from the mirror as opposed to being pushed into it. Wing protectors are usually designed to fit over the outside or inside of your vehicle’s wing mirrors. When they are fitted on the inside of the mirror, they are usually held in place by adhesive or a clip. Fitted on the outside of the vehicle, they are usually held in place with a bracket or suction cup.
The Bottom Line
Wing protectors are a cheap and easy way to protect your mirror from damage. In the event of an accident or impact, they are designed to absorb the force and reduce the risk of mirror shattering. If you are an overly cautious or nervous driver or often drive in busy areas, wing protectors could be the solution to keeping your wing mirrors intact. They are usually very easy to fit and remove, so you can take them off when you are parked in a safe location. If you are someone who is overly cautious and drives with their wing mirrors almost touching other cars, wing protectors could be the solution to keeping your wing mirrors intact.