If you’re planning to make a house move soon, then congratulations! A house move can be one of the best things to happen in your life. With a move, you can get access to a better neighborhood, better job opportunities, and even better schooling for your kids. Once you have that ideal home, moving seems to be a great thing to do – except when you realize that there are a ton of things you have to take care of, and there’s the need to prepare your new home for your new things!
At first glance, all these things can get pretty overwhelming real fast. After all, it’s difficult to be able to clean your old and new home while at the same time submitting requirements, fixing your inventory, and even taking care of other documents. Cleaning to prepare for your move just becomes a bit impossible to do, right? However, this shouldn’t be the case. With a few quick tips, you can integrate a good cleaning session with your house move without any worries. Here are things to take note of:
- Buy your cleaning materials when you buy your packing needs. Chances are you’re going to go to the hardware store to buy some of your packing needs. However, instead of just allotting your entire day to buy your packing materials, you might also want to try going to the store to buy cleaning materials you’ll need as well. These include brooms and mops, the necessary soap and detergents, and even floor wax to give your floor that much-needed shine. With your inventory with you, you might even consider buying replacement items for cleaning items you’d bring with you. That way, the cleaning materials you need are exactly the kind of materials you’ll bring to your new home.
- Make an inventory while packing to identify things you own. Making an inventory seems like a hassle when it comes to house moves, but it can be one of the most useful steps you can take – especially when cleaning. While you’re packing, try to note the things you own and other characteristics relevant to them – be it their quantity and quality, their make and material, or even their projected price. That way, you can identify which items you want to keep, sell, or even throw away before you put them in the packaging box. This saves you a lot of trouble re-sorting things when you unpack them in your new home, and you can get a garage sale going as you clean the house.
- Schedule a cleaning in your new home as well. Aside from just cleaning your old house to make it presentable after you leave, make sure you make the effort to clean your new home before moving things in. Instead of doing this before moving day, try to at least clean the new home a day or two before moving day. That way, you know for certain that the house is ready for furniture placement and ready for settling in no time at all. Regardless of whether or not you can fully unpack during the moving day, you can at least rest assured that there isn’t a lot to clean throughout the process.
- Streamline your cleaning schedule with your moving process. Another great way for you to be able to ensure that your cleaning goes according to plan is to schedule it along with the rest of your moving process. For instance, instead of allocating a day for your entire cleaning, you can start by packing and unpacking one room at a time and then clean those rooms as you go along. After everything is packed, this should give you less time to clean the entire house again, as there’s less cleaning to do – given you’ve already cleaned these rooms in advance.
- Hire professionals to help you out with the other logistical concerns. If you want a more professional take on your cleaning process, you might want to hire a team for your needs. In terms of cleaning, you can start packing your things and hire a cleaning team to do in-depth cleaning of both your new home and your old house. Alternatively, you can also do the cleaning yourself while packing and unpacking services ensure that your items remain safe and sound throughout the moving process. These services have the right kind of manpower, skills, and training needed to meet your needs. And their approach with regards to these services can give more than enough time to handle your other moving needs.
Cleaning For Your House Move: Tidy Up!
With the above tips in mind, it’s important to remember that it’s actually possible to clean up your old and new home for your move with the right preparation and planning. Moreover, the right approach to the cleaning process can make it happen seamlessly throughout your house move. Doing this right can avoid the unnecessary stress involved when it comes to preparing for your house move.